This clearly indicates that it is not utilising the free and cost effective usage of such sites for its own benefit and advantage. Traditional marketing has its own benefits where it can maintain its consumer search through large mediums and nurture the existing relationships for better revenue management. Traditional marketing is not as fast as social media, but it has its own users. The elderly crowd who are accustomed to using older mediums and are not tech savvy, they are the best bet for traditional marketing. Billboards, television and radio ads have its own audience and they may not be using technology and social media sites, hence they are to be maintained with the old traditional marketing methods. Some consumers resist change and they may want to stick to the older methods, therefore the hotel must communicate with them in the old methods as it is desired by the consumer.
Major differences of Eton hotel and the Marriott and Holiday Inn hotels social marketing practices and its results .
1. Eton will not be able to continuously capture and acquire more new consumers compared to Marriott and Holiday Inn who are actively pursuing new consumers.
2. Eton hotel’s revenue management department will have tough time to align with the strategy formed to reach its objectives, whereas Marriott and Holiday Inn will use social media as a tool to maximise its revenue and meet the desired objectives.
3. Eton hotel will not be able to generate more positive feedback and therefore more awareness of its brand compared to Marriott and Holiday Inn who are constantly communicating with consumers about the generated feedback and resolving them at the earliest.
4. When the maximum number of travellers are choosing to opt for social media and are connected 24/7, Eton is losing out on potential loyal consumers who are on constant search of a loyal service provider. Marriott and Holiday Inn has been able to generate loyal consumers on a regular basis due to their consistent activity in social media marketing.
5. Eton will miss the chances of maximising its advertising revenues, and lose on reaching out to probable consumers worldwide due to its lack of social media affinity. Marriott and Holiday Inn has been using these cost effective ways, reducing their advertising budget, increasing international consumers, and converting sporadic inquiries into loyal consumers for a longer period.